By David E. Chinitz
- It compiles the main accomplished and updated remedy on hand of Eliot's paintings and career
- It explores the robust forces that formed Eliot as a author and philosopher, studying his physique of labor and assessing his oeuvre in various contexts: old, cultural, social, and philosophical
- It charts the surge in severe curiosity in T.S. Eliot because the early 1990s
- It offers an illuminating perception right into a poet, author, and critic who keeps to outline the literary panorama of the final century
Read or Download A Companion to T. S. Eliot (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar british & irish poetry books
Poetry & Geography examines the wealthy variety of geographical imaginations informing post-war and modern poetry in Britain and eire. Drawing impetus from the spatial flip within the humanities and social sciences, the fourteen essays amassed right here appraise the importance of rules of area, position, and panorama for 'mainstream' and 'experimental' poets, post-romantics and neo-modernists alike.
This booklet considers the lyric poems written by way of John Clare and 3 twentieth-century poets—Arthur Symons, Edmund Blunden, and John Ashbery—who grew to become to him at pivotal moments of their personal improvement. those writers crafted a particular mode of lyric, 'Clare's lyric', that emphatically grounds its fact claims in mimetic accuracy.
Along Jane Austen, the Brontë sisters, and Oscar Wilde, Lord Byron possesses a star-quality in contrast to different vintage British authors. His existence as poet, philanderer, gay, and freedom fighter is famous, and this new choice from his robust letters and journals tells the tale from the interior, in Byron's personal racy and passionate kind.
'It is not any nice topic, supposing that Italy will be liberated, who or what's sacrificed. it's a grand item - the very poetry of politics. simply imagine - a unfastened Italy! !! Why, there was not anything love it because the days of Augustus. ' So wrote Lord Byron in his magazine, in February 1821, in simple terms days earlier than the outbreak of revolution in Greece, the place 3 years later he might die within the carrier of the progressive reason.
- 50 x 50 - Useful Poetry For Troubled Times
- Poetical Remains: Poets' Graves, Bodies, and Books in the Nineteenth Century
- The Days of Surprise
- Ardboe Laureate: Poetry and Haiku from the Loughshore (2007-2013)
- Le Corsaire (French Edition)
Additional info for A Companion to T. S. Eliot (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to T. S. Eliot (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by David E. Chinitz